2/10/14

Minecraft Creeper Valentine's Box

This past weekend we decided to let Ali decorate her Valentine's box for school! I let her browse Pinterest for ideas ("So if I like something and want to save it for later, I just pin it?" Exactly, my dear.) and she chose what she calls a "creeper" from the Minecraft game. She is addicted to that game and I don't understand what's going on. All I know is the graphics are really pixeley and isn't this the 21st century!? Anyway, a creeper is apparently a Minecraft villain... but that's what she chose. This is what they look like:

Link to this image here.
 And this is the picture she found on Pinterest the she wanted to duplicate:

Minecraft Creeper Valentine Box
Link to this image here.
So we found a square box that once belonged to a small food chopper, dug out some green paint and paper, and got to work. The only green paint I had was lime green, so we mixed in some black (afterwards I thought, "Hmm, brown would have worked better...") and came up with a pretty awesome villain green. She painted the entire box (several coats). We then took three different shades of green card stock and cut them into neat perfect squares. Just kidding, they were no where near perfect. But they were semi-square-ish. She glued them in her own special pattern and then we added the black eyes and a nose (or is it a mouth? not sure.)

See that awesome creepy green paint color? :)
Here she is gluing on her squares. 
After everything had dried I cut a hole in the top and voila! Minecraft Creeper Valentine's box.

The finished product! With the exception of cutting out the black nose/mouth, the entire thing was done by Ali.
And there you have it! She was so so proud of her box. I can't wait to hear what her friends thought of it! Next on the list is Jordan's box. His will be much easier to construct! I'm thinking a tissue box with stickers on it... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment